Experience the most talented bartenders in Denmark and the Nordic countries, when they compete in 5 exciting disciplines
Each year since 1960, the most talented bartenders in Denmark have competed in making the best classic cocktails, in the annual National Cup for Bartenders. Since then, Flair has been added as a discipline. Here, bartenders compete in juggling bottles in the most impressive, elegant and imaginative way. See both competitions as well as Nordic Cocktail Cup, Nordic Cup in Flair and Noirdic Monin Cup at Foodexpo.
On Foodexpos's opening day Sunday, March 22, you can witness an amazing stage show when 6 talented bartenders compete in the flair dscipline. Here, they have 8 minutes each to show off their skills within juggling, taste, creativity and performance to a selected panel of judges.
On Monday, March 23, 24 talented Danish bartenders will compete making Denmark's best classic cocktail. There will be four contestants and four technical judges on the stage at the same time, as well as a panel of tasting judges behind the scene.
Each heat is 7 minutes and there will be 6 heats in total. The competition starts at 10 am, and the winner announcement plus award ceremony will take place in the afternoon. The winner and runner-up will also represent Denmark in the Nordic Cup for Bartenders, which will be held at Foodexpo on Tuesday.
For both competitions there will be cocktail samples, so there will be plenty of opportunity to taste.
Do not miss your chance to see the talented and creative bartenders in action. It is free to attend the competitions, which will take place in hall K.
• Sofie Amalie Hansen from PS Bar & Grill
• Christian Halfhide from At Dolores
• Ville Maria Damgaard Andersen from Restaurant Gorilla
• Jakub Matejovič from The Cavern Kolding
• Josh Meilsøe from Almanak
• Piotr Korona from UBN
• Damiano Pezzi from NIMB
• Simone Rydiander from Y's Café & Cocktailbar
• Ellen Toft from Y's Café & Cocktailbar
• Michael Dion Damgaard Hansen from Hotel Scandic Silkeborg
• Gabriel Louis B. Danielsen from 1656
• Emil Riis Ekbom from 1656
• Dmitrij Markovskij from Aloë Cocktailbar
• Christophe Daudigny from Madam Cuba
• Millad Moadeli from Friday Group
• Andrés Guasp Ballester from Munkebjerg Hotel
• Ulrich Deleuran Steffensen from Munkebjerg Hotel
• Annemaria Johansen from Bodegaen
• Burak Moralı from Madam Cuba
• Anna Hoffman from Vang & Bar
• Alexander Tøt from Y's Café & Cocktailbar
• Özen Pelin Duran from PS Bar & Grill
• Ísleifur Gunnarsson from The Barking Dog
• Timo Mikkelsen from No Stress København
On Tuesday, March 24, 12 bartenders from 6 different countries will be making the best cocktails in the Nordic countries. For the Nordic Cocktail Cup, two participants are selected from the following countries:
The bartenders will compete in two different cocktails: a cocktail with a pre-selected product - for example a liquor or brand from each country - and a cocktail dictated by the Danish Bartender Associaton.
The representatives from Denmark are the winner and number two from the DM in the Classic Cocktail, which is held on Mondays at Foodexpo. For the competition there will be tastings of the bartenders cocktails, so there will be plenty of opportunity to taste.
On the same day, the Nordic Cup in Flair will be held. Here, partcicipants from each of the 6 countries above, compete in Flair, where juggling bottles and shakers is required. Later the same day, Nordic Monin Cup will take place, Here, the 6 participants will compete in making the best cocktail based on Monin liqour.
See all the talented and creative bartenders in action in Hal K at Foodexpo. It is free to attend the competitions, which are held by the Danish Bartender Association.